Top 10 Benefits of Coffee – What Are Its Long-Term Benefits?
The top 10 benefits of coffee – What are its long-term benefits? There had been erroneous beliefs concerning coffee and most of them were negative. For years, people learned to become suspicious of this drink and look for alternatives. It is good to know that recently, scientists have found its health benefits. Here are the top 10 health benefits of coffee according to various independent studies:
1. It lowers the risk of developing heart-related diseases by as much as 25% among women.
2. Drinking at least 3 cups of coffee a day can reduce the risk of developing diabetes by as much as 10%. However, downing at least 6 cups a day will reduce the risk by 54% among males and 30% among females.
3. People who regularly drink coffee at least once a day are 80% less likely to develop Parkinson’s disease.
4. Two cups a day will cause a 20% reduction on the risk of developing colon cancer.
5. This drink lowers the possibility of developing liver cirrhosis by 80%.
6. There is also a strong link between regular drinking of coffee and lower incidence of liver injuries among those people who are at risk for liver-related diseases.
7. A person who also drinks at least two cups of coffee a day is 50% less likely to incur gallstones.
8. It is primarily used to pump up energy in the body as evidenced by energy drinks.
9. It prevents premature aging due to its antioxidants which neutralize the free radicals in the body as well as repair the damages caused by these free radicals.
10. Research indicates that regular drinking of this caffeine-loaded drink will help relieve symptoms of asthma and headaches. It is also known to boost mood. And while it may be accessory to developing acute bad breath, it has been, however, suggested that it can prevent the onset of cavities.
This drink is a super drink because of its two major components: caffeine and antioxidants. Both are touted for their life-enhancing properties. Though the mechanisms are yet to be discovered, current knowledge suggests that coffee benefits diseases and disorders associated with old age.
Find More: General health